[Ansteorra] Authenticity

Brian Martin BMartin at Corp.Prodigy.com
Mon Apr 15 11:38:37 PDT 2002

I actually like the idea of writing a persona story. It gives the person a
solid background on which to rely. It also give you a chance to flesh out
some things that you probably wouldn't have thought about otherwise.

For example: Sitting down to create a persona story gave me the opportunity
to think about siblings which led me to incorporate my real brother (who
doesn't play in the SCA) into my persona. Hence my real life brother Jeff
became my persona's brother Geoffrey. The fact that my brother is gay led me
to decide to make Geoffrey a monk. Geoffrey was always very pious, you see,
and not interested in the company of women, but preferred the life of
solitude and prayer found in the monastery.

Anyway, that and other details resulted from me creating the story of my
persona. It may not be for everyone, but it works for me.

Pendaran
(Who is not at all pious, not that there's anything wrong with that...)

Wow, I worked a Sienfeld joke into a persona discussion!