[Ansteorra] The Journey (was SCA slang)

Theron Bretz tbretz at io.com
Wed Apr 17 05:57:04 PDT 2002

> This is a thought. Could the increased interest in Arts and Science
> competitions and the emphases on documentation bought on by the Gulf War
> and our interaction with Merides and Trimiris be a cause in the perceived
> increase of the Authenticity Police. We used to do our arts and crafts
> for their own sake and the joy that they brought us. It seems now that
> everything is being judged.

Your Grace, this is, unfortunately, all too possible.  One of my biggest
worries over the past few years has been whether Ansteorra is turning into a
"War Kingdom", where people spend fifty one weeks out of the year preparing
for one week of War.  Thus far, my concerns have been mainly towards the way
we approach combat, but such things could certainly be happening among the
gentler pursuits as well.

Luciano