[Ansteorra] Late Night Court

Leofric Ealdricson lealdricson at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 23 10:11:21 PDT 2002

Greetings to the list from Leofric Ealdricson, Past Baron of Loch Soilleir:

One thing to remeber is that the schedule of an event is always at the
pleasure of the crown.  That being said, I have not encountered a single
crown that was not flexible on their schedule.  If the local nobles and the
event steward plan well, you CAN have an event run on schedule.  I know
this, I did it for five years as Baron of Loch Soilleir.

Our typical event schedule had evening court at around 5:00 with feast
starting at 6:30 to 7:00.  If I knew that the crown had a lot of business, I
would set the feast before court but start the feast at 5:30 or 6:00.

The local nobles and event steward need to coordinate feast with the cook
and know when the last dish that cant be held and not ruined needs to start.
  I would go to my cook and find out the drop dead time for that dish and I
WOULD tell them at that time to either start it (everyting was running on
time) or delay it until a certian time.

When I was Baron of Loch Soilleir, we usually hand a dance in the feast hall
that lasted well into the night and started at a reasonable time.