[Ansteorra] History/Enculturation/Clickishness....

Keyna keyna at hot.rr.com
Wed Apr 24 11:53:38 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shana Hardy" <Shana.Hardy at tsrh.org>
To: <ansteorra at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 7:48 AM
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] History/Enculturation/Clickishness....

I am distressed, seeing such posts.  We are not a large house, but within
our house we have several men and women whose purpose at camp is to help out
whenever possible.  I had thought it was pretty much known, that if you hit
site and need help, to look for FalconRose.  Please feel free to do so in
the future.  And I'm sure there are other's who feel the same, we just need
to know who they are.

(That is great that House FalconRose always is open for assistance but the
point is that FalconRose may not always be there and there should always be
someone to help out when someone needs it.)

As for ladies not getting help from gentlemen when carrying heavy loads, I
have not been playing all the many years that many of you have, but I can
say that since I joined, it does seem to be less frequent that I see an able
bodied gentleman offering assistance.  But it does still happen and I am
always most grateful.  I don't think this even a conscious thing, just a
lack of realization of some of the newer players.  It is up to us to see
this change.

Lady Tangwystl verch Maredudd, Lady FalconRose

 A friend is someone who knows
 the song in your heart
 and can sing it back to you
 when you have forgotten
 the words.;

 --  Unknown

>>> DonnelShaw at aol.com 04/23/02 07:40PM >>>
I know personally I can no longer set up a camp by myself. I don't have the
strength. But I don't seem to get the help I use to get. Since I have
children with me I tend to be stuck looking for someone and apologizing  to
them. My solution has been an RV. But that does not cover it at a lot of
events. Thus I tend to day trip a lot of times. I use to brag that I could
always find help to set up my tent. Now that is not the case. I know there
are other women who travel by them selves with children that have voiced
similar. Can I see any up lifted hands willing to help when needed women
with
children?
Ly Maili Donnel MacGregor