[Ansteorra] When did this change????

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Fri Aug 9 19:47:20 PDT 2002

I'm not so sure it would be a good trick for the first, but perhaps the
second, third forth, etc.  And not just one group, it would probably be two
or even perhaps more.  As has been pointed out, for various reasons, the
calendar is pretty full.

But wait, the ball has to start somewhere.  Why couldn't it be the dates for
Kingdom Academy???  I've asked several times on the Red Tape list and NO ONE
knows what it is suppose to be!!!  The Calendar person nor the Kingdom
Seneschal know what exactly this event is suppose to be.  However, that
might hurt Mendersham's event.

Or, perhaps the first date could be after the current "unofficial planning
calendar" after Feb 2004.  Set that date aside before someone gets it.

It needs to start some place, at some time.  There is only so far you're
going to be able to raise overheads.  There's only so far continuing to
increase the percentage the Kingdom gets from Crown and Coronation can go.
Perhaps with a "kingdom Event" the other Kingdom events that send money in
could get a lower percentage and become more attractive to groups to put on.

What the Kingdom needs is it's own Birthday party, yearly.  Perhaps I'm a
bit of a romantic, but I could see this event as the "if you can only make
one event this year, make this one".

I can not pledge the support of others.  But in this endeavor I can pledge
all my equipment and effort.  If we want to do this, I am there.

Gilli