[Ansteorra] Query...

IagoAH at aol.com IagoAH at aol.com
Mon Aug 26 14:47:54 PDT 2002

Sir Pendaren wrote:

> . There are three orders of peerage in the
> SCA: the Chivalry (Knights & Masters at Arms), Laurel and Pelican.
> Therefore, one must be a member of one of these orders to be a peer.

Not to be obnoxious (which I really don't have to try to do...) , but where
do royal peers from kingdoms that do give a patent of arms with a county fit
in? If they have a patent of arms, doesn't that make them a peer? (Of course,
they out rank peerage orders at that point anyway.)

Iago (who has no illusions about the depth of his lack of knowledge of
heraldry)