[Ansteorra] Criteria...

DonnelShaw at aol.com DonnelShaw at aol.com
Thu Aug 29 20:07:03 PDT 2002

In a message dated 8/29/02 11:40:08 AM Central Daylight Time,
ldeerslayer at yahoo.com writes:

> > Also I want to pose a question.  Has anyone took a look at someone who has
> > achieve awards and someone who has not? What is the difference?  Is the
> > actual difference what we perceive? What offices have they held? How
> active
> > are they? And so forth.  Or are people over looked because they are
> thought
> > to have the award?  I know the answer to this It is a definite Yes.
>
> I agree...I don't treat people differently...what raises or lowers people
> in my estimation is not the award they have but their words and actions ...
> and such things as are they honorable or do they have integrity.

Oh I didn't "speak" my self clearly. I was not talking about how we treat
people. But what is the difference in what we perceive and real and what is
real.
Like the kid that sits in my classroom and I think he dose not have a clue
and then when I test him he knows it all. What I perceive and what is real is
not always the same.

But I do like what you wrote.  :)     And agree.

> All this for me is an effort for me to define my criteria for
> awards...as well as an effort to get people thinking about recommending
> awards for people...
>

> > Remember data can be skewed and perceived in many ways.

      That is why I wrote.  I keep getting all the school boards and TEA only
looking at the scores and not the real picture of how far the student has
progressed. So when everyone runs to the OP they keep this point in mind.
See above statements.

For those who do not know me I am a teacher and very dedicated to my
students,
as well as to education. My favorite activity in the SCA is to participate in
Demos. Especially at the libraries in the summer. Then to watch the children
walk out with their arms full of books.  The seed is planted.

> and really, especially for the services stuff, trying to compare each
> person's
> service is like comparing apples and oranges

   I think you are wrong here. You have to do some kind of comparing to set
your baseline of understanding and Criteria.

> respect is an entirely different matter...
>
> > Silver Ram- 9years later.(from thistle)
> > Donnel
>
> with much respect for Donnel

Thank you it means a lot to me.

And the respect I have for you is why I spoke up.