[Ansteorra] Award recommendations

dan henderson earlgerard at electricscotland.zzn.com
Sat Aug 31 01:24:39 PDT 2002

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

>Is this true? That all award recommendations are lost every six
>months? Is this because of the sheer volume of such letters that
>the Crown receives? Or a problem of transferring the paperwork
>to a new administration along with all the regalia and such?
<snip>
>I hope this really isn't the case. But I can also understand
>not wanting to get inundated in paperwork. I think older
>recommendation
>letters should be let go. Maybe after a year or three reigns or some
>such.
>Comments? Especially from past Royalty?
My experience is dated, however, at one time all correspondence
for/from the reigns was kept in binders. The previous three (or
perhaps it was two - sorry "brain dead" moment) reigns were kept by
the Crown for easy perusal with the others in storage (archived).
I can't speak for any other Crown, but we did review the binders we
had on hand during our reign.
Although the previous recommendation *is* available in the files with
a note of what was or wasn't done, it is a good idea (IMO) to send a
new recommendation to each Crown. Hopefully, you can add something
more that the person has done or worked on since the last
recommendation and it puts it freshly in front of Their Majesties.
Gerard