[Ansteorra] The Texas Rennaisance Festival Demo

Cahira cahira_of_bonwicke at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 4 16:11:23 PST 2002

I'm going to have to disagree with this statement:

--- Baronman at aol.com wrote:
> It's not the SCA, it's the lost revenue.

I personally feel that it's a difference in stylistic
approach between the two groups. I don't feel that
either approach is bad...just different from each
other. Sitting in front of me right now is a copy of
the 2002 TRF Participant's Handbook, and here is a bit
of a quote from it that I think illustrates one of the
main differences in approach that we have from the
rest of the participants:

"Our [the TRF Participants'] goal is to give the
appearance of being of the period in a way that
appeals to our patrons, and allows us to complete our
faire day's tasks. The basic things that can be
portrayed are:
*The clothing
*A modified version of the language and speech
patterns
*The daily activities
*The mannerisms and customs
*The superstitions