[Ansteorra] The Texas Rennaisance Festival Demo

drwise drwise at houston.rr.com
Thu Dec 5 05:26:01 PST 2002

Greetings all:

Just a few comments on the matter.  I for one will be glad to see the
relationship end.  For years we have heard about how important the renaissance
festival is for our kingdom as the great recruiting device.  In response to
these claims we have diligently cleared seven weeks off our calendar to support
this effort (not literally, but there is a major slowdown in the coastal region
while the fair goes on).  Meanwhile, I have seen almost no return on our
investment of effort and resources into the fair.  Before everyone starts
raising their hands to point out how they became involved due to exposure from
the fair, I would simply suggest that if the same 50-100 people who routinely
support the fair (rough guess on my part) were to put that same effort into
recruiting I think we would get much more out of it.  I know most of the folks
who have taken on the task of coordinating our efforts at the fair and they have
done a tremendous amount of work.  That same energy applied at organizing demos
or contacting local publications (most of which are eager to receive free copy)
would get us exposure to those groups most likely to join us.   Just a thought.

With regards,

Alexis