[Ansteorra] The Texas Rennaisance Festival Demo

Baronman at aol.com Baronman at aol.com
Wed Dec 4 12:38:27 PST 2002

In talking with Jeff he wanted to make it clear that there was no bad blood
  >between TRF and the SCA.  He said that this year's TRF liaison (Beowan) put
  >in a good effort to insure that any requests he had made were carried out.
  >The decision was a result of several years in hoping that the SCA could
  come
  >closer to what the rest of the TRF personell were trying to achieve, and
  >finding that it just wasn't happening

I predicted three years ago, on this list that this would be happening- It's not the SCA, it's the lost revenue.  The space that the SCA compound sits on is generating no revenue whats so ever while the smallest merchant space is renting for well over $770 per weekend.  I will go on to predict that the space that once was the SCA compound will turn into 3-4 merchant spaces and be much more profitable for TRF. It's the money not the people that is driving this decision.

Bors