[Ansteorra] Just my two pence...TRF

Shane B shaneb at ij.net
Mon Dec 9 11:21:18 PST 2002

I still admit that I believe that I find TRF's treatment of the SCA was
offensive.  I currently do not live in Texas/Oklahoma although I am a
home-grown Ansteorran and one of the founding members of the Barony of
Bonwicke, when and if I move back TRF is already crossed off of my list of
things to go to...

Alastair

snippage

>--
>Maybe I grew up differently.  I went to my first Ren Faire about 25 years
>ago when I was just a kid.  I remember things like dragons, a remote-
>operated sword-in-stone, and other things of fantasy and fairy tales.
>
>I have come to view ren-faires the same as a fantasy world.  I NEVER
>expected them to be some sort of living museum or they wouldn't have
>been quite as fun to me as a kid and these faires probably would not
>have lasted so many years.
>
>There should be no complaints about TRF or other renfaires for this sort
>of thing either.  For that matter, might as well call the SCA a fantasy
>group as well.  We are often inaccurate too.  Doesn't 'middle ages as
>they SHOULD HAVE BEEN' sort of sum it all up?  Go look into groups like
>Thistle Cot if you want to see more attention to accuracy.

snippage