[Ansteorra] marriage and registered persona names

Kathryn Norris kati at houston.rr.com
Sat Jan 19 03:30:10 PST 2002

When I came back to the SCA after a long hiatus, I brought my husband and
two children.  When I was thinking about my name, I tried to think of how
other people would think of me.  Since I don't do a specific craft or have a
defining feature, it settled on my husband who is very outgoing.  Also in
our group, we tend to think in terms of couples anyway.  So I became
Caitlin, Gerald's wife/woman.  I sent it to the heralds and they found the
translation that would be from my earlier time.  The fact that it doesn't
exactly match his name after translation is all the more interesting I
think.
Slainte', HL Caitlin bean Ghearailt