[Ansteorra] Laurels Prize Tourney date

mike young uther at lcc.net
Mon Jul 8 10:21:48 PDT 2002

>there doesn't seem to be a lack of groups submitting bids for
> these events, so I'm not sure what the problem is and I therefore can't
> offer a suggestion to help solve the problem. So after all of that, I
guess
> my question is what's up with getting these events chosen at the eleventh
> hour? Is anyone looking into this?

Very good points, Your Excellancy.  Things I have pondered myself from time
to time<G>.
My experience here is limited but there is nothing like having someone post
something you disagree with to prompt others to throw thier opinions
out:)...so I'll jump in with my views.
I have found that lots of groups WANT to host Kingdom events and LOOK INTO
hosting Kingdom events and express a VERBAL desire to do so, but when it
comes to  putting in an on-paper bid, something happens.
I believe sometimes we put off making decisions on things trying to please
everyone.
And to a lesser degree, I think occasionaly in trying to rotate annual
Kingdom events like LPT and Kings College to different parts of our HUGE
Kingdom, we wait for the eleventh hour to encourage and allow a group in a
particular region to host.

I'm not saying any of these things are good/bad.  Just throwing out some
possible reasons for waiting to award events.

As for this particular situation, Greywood had already put in a bid...on
paper and everything<G>.  We had not been awarded the event because there
was still time(had the event stayed in Nov)and other groups had expressed an
intent to bid also.  Given time they quite possibly might have come up with
a better bid.

in service,
gwyneth