[Ansteorra] Laurels Prize Tourney date

John Cole (new) aethelstan at cox.net
Tue Jul 9 20:54:10 PDT 2002

Greetings your Excellency and everyone else,

Kings Colledge was a huge success!!!
It is true that Namron recieved the bid in the eleventh hour, and what I
found was a group highly motivated to bring the kingdom the best colledge
type event that it's seen in a while. Almost everyone in the barony pitched
in behind the Baron and Baroness, Senechal, and local artisans. Weather it
was physically setting up and tearing down the event, or going out and
finding teachers, or just being very energetic about the arts and classes,
everyone focused and helped to pull the event off very well.

So my question is how did that event come
> off? Was it a success or was it found lacking because of the
circumstances?
> If it was a success, then it seems reasonable to think that LPT can also
be
> done well providing the group that doe it can follow the lead of Namron
(who
> did King's College).

I believe that the Kingdom Minister of Arts and Sciences is looking into
this very problem so that any future wrinkles can be ironed out in good
fashion.

So after all of that, I guess
> my question is what's up with getting these events chosen at the eleventh
> hour? Is anyone looking into this?

On another note...
It can not be stressed enough to point out that the artistic community of
this kingdom was just waiting for the time and place to show up and learn!
Once the information had gotten out, that Namron did have Kings Colledge,
people from all over the kingdom started calling to either make offers to
teach or to find directions on how to travel up to this part of the kingdom.
It was an amazing thing to witness first hand. I am sure that as soon as a
location is announced for the next kingdom a&s event weither it be LPT or
some other event, people the kingdom over will start planning on attending,
and I'll be one of them.

> Sorry for rambling,
> Pendaran

in service,