[Ansteorra] WATER & GATORADE

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 16 14:13:33 PDT 2002

--- Alice Harris <lg_photo at texas.net> wrote:
> Greeting From Alina:
>
> Stupid question but I'll ask anyway.
>
> Why gatorade?

To replace the electrolytes...

Lots of places cut the gatorade to half strength
so that there is less of a danger of potassium
buildup (that's why it tastes icky)

> Do the fighters actually like and/or prefer it?

Many fighters do prefer it....

> Or is it just a stable offering along with the water at events?

Yes it is a staple along with water at events...

The Midrealm, Calontir and parts of Meridies also hand out pickle
juice....

Persian mint drink would work as well...we tried it once...it didn't
go over very well cause the fighters were used to Gatorade and
Poweraid...

For more solid forms of electrolyte replacement...we use pickles
and oranges....

> Non-Fighter To Be Waterbearer In Charge At Upcoming Event,
> Alina

Lorraine DeerSlayer