[Ansteorra] Cancelled fighter practices...

YsfaelEleanor at aol.com YsfaelEleanor at aol.com
Sun Jul 28 00:00:51 PDT 2002

In a message dated 7/27/2002 8:21:22 AM Central Daylight Time, pug at pug.net
writes:

> How do you prevent people in a public park from fighting each other,
> especially without any officers present?
>
> Ciao,

                   Greetings all,
             Morgan pretty much covered everything, but I will reiterate, and
cover Alden's question as well.

             If all of the requirements are not met, a published practice is
considered canceled.  If people in funny clothes want to beat each other with
sticks in public, then that is their business.  If they are on private
property, it is incumbent upon the "fighters" to notify the property owner
that SCA liability is not in force at this non-practice.  Beyond that, they
may not represent their actions as being an SCA activity at that time.  Also,
it is only an official practice if the person or persons who meat the
requirements are willing to take the responsibility for said practice.  The
fact that I can officiate at a practice does not mean that I would be willing
to do so (although I normally would, but I wouldn't have to), nor does it
mean that any practice I attend, be it backyard or published, is "official."
             As far as who a warranted marshal is, the "warrant" means that
they are on the Kingdom Marshallate Roster which is signed (usually) at
Coronation and Crown Tournament.  These are only the people in the
marshallate chain of command, from the local office to the Earl Marshal, as
well as authorizing marshals, and all of these people should have a current
membership.

             Grace and Peace,
    Ld. Ysfael Bryndu, So. Reg. Knights Marshal