[Ansteorra] Re: Non-member surcharge

Rhodes-walden, Jennifer Jennifer.Rhodes-walden at usa.xerox.com
Thu Jul 25 15:30:48 PDT 2002

I have always felt that was the obligation of the Nobles. To lead by
example. It is how I learned, well mostly anyway. We do not always succeed
but it is something to strive for. I have held many offices and even when it
was hard to do, I tried to keep my membership current. Both membership and
service are important to the game we play.
Yours in Service,
HE Chiang, Centurion

Correct me if I am wrong, please... but I thought membership in good
standing was *required* to hold any office, not just a noble's title? And
that membership was how growth of the Kingdom was measured...?

Granted, that's not to say you shouldn't seek office or pursue title if
you're not a member, but it is always incentive to become a member.
Especially for those who are still slightly lost in the throng, but strive
to find our niches within our local groups... being an officer has helped me
tremendously.

My two pence worth,

Elysia