[Ansteorra] SCA vs Nonmembers

Charlene Charette perronnelle at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 27 22:03:30 PDT 2002

Bob Dewart wrote:

> The reason I got mine was one Steppes Warlord Darcy and I were going to run
> a kitchen for the event.  Canton required that we have such certification.
> However, they never came and checked.  The bummer was that after I took the
> course upper here in Killeen I found out that they wouldn't accept it and
> had to pay them $50 for their permit, but no class was required.  Since then
> I've kept the one I got from Killeen up.
>
> I believe they also required us to have a Food Service Manager card for the
> Kingdom's 20th.

I've run into some sites in Houston that won't let you use their kitchen
without a license/permit.  I'd been meaning to look into it further --
it's on the great "to do someday" list.  It might be handy to have a few
around the barony if those sites turn out to be feasible.

--Perronnelle

--
An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how
much you know.  It's being able to differentiate between what you know