[Ansteorra] Re: Daimhin macAodhgan's Classes - King's College

Clay Reid moose_12782 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 18 11:25:52 PDT 2002

Greetings unto Ansteorra!

I thought it would be helpful to send a little
information out regarding my classes on poetry.

The first class, "Basic Poetry Writing For Beginners,"
is a basic overview of what exactly poetry is, how it
works, and how anyone can use the art of words.  It
covers a bit of my personal philosophy and ethics
regarding poetry and poets and it will hopefully help
to diminish fear when trying to work with poetry
styles.  If you decide to take this class, be sure to
bring a legal pad or a notebook (from which you can
tear pages) and a pen or pencil.

The second class, "Poetic Forms:  An Overview of Five
Period Styles," will cover the following five forms:
English Sonnet, Tanka, Cywydd Llosgyrnog, Limerick,
and Rondelet.  I know this is not what it says on the
class description page, but this is what we'll be
working on.  This class will explain a little history
for each style, how the style works and its mechanics.
 Hopefully, time providing, we'll be writing one of
each of the forms.  Again, be sure to bring a legal
pad or notebook (from which you can tear pages) and a
pen or pencil.

I will try to have pens/pencils on hand as well as
some legal pads (but please, do try to bring your
own).

Hopefully, we're going to have lots of fun and learn a
great deal about poetry!

See you at King's College!

In Service,
Faelan mac Eogan