[Ansteorra] Membership

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Fri Mar 1 17:15:02 PST 2002

Lady Simone Maurian ui' Dunlaingh said:
>     When I first started playing in the SCA I was told paid membership would
> allow me to hold an office, receive Tournaments Illuminated, The Blackstar,
> and get discounts at some events. I know that the money goes to pay for SCA
> Inc. expenses as do most other members. So the real question is, Why don't
> people support the SCA Inc.?

Well, I thought the column in the last TI written by the Chairman of the
BoD gave a well-reasoned, succinct answer to why SCA participants should
consider becoming dues-paid members.

In fact, I thought enough of it, that I wrote her and asked for her permission
to add it to the Florilegium. So, if you have folks who are debating whether
they should pay their money to SCA Inc, and become members, you might direct
them to this file:
Y-Join-th-SCA-art (10K)  2/ 5/02    "Why You Should Join SCA, Inc.?"
                                       by Meg Baron.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/NEWCOMERS/Y-Join-th-SCA-art.html

THL Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net