[Ansteorra] Stolen (Borrowed?) Items

Adrienne R. Ferrell aferrell at texas.net
Wed May 1 10:39:32 PDT 2002

Gosh, you didn't leave much room for some one to apologize if it were an
honest mistake.  I don't know all the circumstances, but consider this, Sir
X says to Lord Y "... there is more beer in my ice chest", then tries to
explain where he's camped and where the ice chest is. Lord X stumbles to
what he honestly thinks is the right tent, takes the beer.  Now, I know
things like this happen.  I have seen it; usually it is remedied as soon as
it is found out.  But the tone of your message (if the lord X was on the
list) would have him turning red for many reasons.

I think most people in the SCA are honest and good people. I intend to
treat  them all with respect and give them the benefit of the doubt.
Concerns such as this should be brought up to the autocrat and the seneschal.

As far as minors stealing it and you being responsible, that argument is
flawed.  Gas stations are not held accountable when minors run in and steal
beer. You are held accountable if you serve or give permission to take it,
if it was stolen, you didn't.

Seraphina

Message: 11