[Ansteorra] Bringing New People...

Theron Bretz tbretz at montroseclinic.org
Wed May 1 11:16:26 PDT 2002

> I want to know what the list thinks about people who habitually
> bring lots of new people to events (for their first exposure)
> and make no attempt to clothe them appropriately or introduce
> them to the hospitilar?

This happens?  Regularly?! How utterly and contemptibly inexcusable.

This is, to my mind, no better than people who dump unwanted pets on rural
roads.  They do neither the Society nor their guests a service.  If I bring
someone into the Society, I consider them my responsibility until they get
to know the way things work.  That includes making sure they have something
to wear. If I can't provide it directly, I'll find someone to borrow from.

This boggles the mind.  I've just deleted a rant that really didn't do
anything but reinforce the above points.

Luciano
Shaking his head...