[Ansteorra] Bringing new people

J.G. Bretz b3zsgirl at yahoo.com
Wed May 1 13:04:09 PDT 2002

> Just wondering... at what point during an event should
> one be in garb? and at what point is it acceptable to
> put back on mundane clothing? I've seen many people
> all around site in mundanes at points on Saturdays...
> whether it be while setting up camp when arriving or
> on Saturday evening when partyhopping....

I would not hold anyone to any other standard than the one I try and hold
myself to.  I try not to be anywhere near the main activities on Saturday at
an event if I am arriving in mundanes.  I often try and travel in garb to
prevent this.  Saturday night is still part of the event, and I have several
times reminded people in my camp that they need at least a tunic...please.

I would like to point out that groups can help here.  I hated to walk
through the hall at Candlemas in jeans and a tee-shirt.  I had to tell
several people to hold on until I got back, since I really did not want to
stand there like that.  There was a door close to the restrooms, that if
gate had been there would have helped a lot.  Since it is the first time the
site was used, I understand you can't think of everything.  However, it is
something to think about when you have indoor events.  I have no shame when
it comes to changing and had no problem modestly doing so in the Raven's
Fort parking lot so I didn't walk past court with my car, or myself in
jeans.

I also understand I made quite an entrance with my turban, veil and
basket...scaring several of my friends
;-)

> I, too, agree that "at least they are there", and as the
> custodian of the shire loaner garb at the moment,
> there isn't much I could do to clothe most normal
> people, as the selection of garb is either rather
> tacky and/or small.
> Alauna

My lady, I have a lot of garb that really needs a good new home...If you
contact me off line, and let me know where you are, I can help you out.  It
is not the nicest in the world but it is neither tacky nor small :-)

Bia
HL Biatrichi di Palermo
Seer to the nobility of since 1492

Non essiri duci sinno tu mancianu, non essiri amaru sinno ti futanu