[Ansteorra] Bringing New People...

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Wed May 1 11:24:45 PDT 2002

--- AMBERD at flash.net wrote:
> >Lorraine DeerSlayer asked:
>
> >I want to know what the list thinks about people who
> >habitually bring lots of new people to events (for
> >their first exposure)and make no attempt to clothe
> >them appropriately or introduce
> >them to the hospitilar?
>
> Sounds like they are doing a lot more than most to
> introduce people to the joys of the SCA.
>
> Oh, I am sure that they could do it better, people
> tend to feel more comfortable at their first event if
> they blend in, but at least they are getting people
> there. ;-)
>
> Amerinda

Trouble is...you get SCAer's asking all day long if they
are new...and directing them to the Hospitilar...and after
the 20th time of someone even politely asking the new person
usually starts getting offended...

and then there are those who after directing the person to
the hospitilar, possibly several times...starts to get terse...
and it hetrodynes...into ugliness...

Lorraine DeerSlayer