[Ansteorra] Bringing New People...

AMBERD at flash.net AMBERD at flash.net
Wed May 1 13:42:06 PDT 2002

Back to the beginning...

>Lorraine DeerSlayer
>I want to know what the list thinks about people who
>habitually bring lots of new people to events (for
>their first exposure)and make no attempt to clothe
>them appropriately or introduce them to the
>hospitilar?

First question that comes to mind is, has it been
politely and thoroughly explained to the enthusiastic
recruiter the best ways to introduce a new person into
the SCA involves preparing them for their first event
(both in basic garb and basic what to expect stuff)
and that the Hospitaller is a good person to ask to
assist in this?

Second question, is there some underlying reason the
person does not seek the hospitalers help?

Third question, if it is known that they "always" do
it then does the hospitaler anticipate their actions
and come prepared? (not that it is their
responsibility but it might smooth over tensions
caused from people stressing out from seeing mundanes
in their mist ;-)

Amerinda
Southern Regional Hospitaler