[Ansteorra] A thought about why people leave for feast... oth er than the...

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Mon May 6 12:57:17 PDT 2002

Lady Susannah Blackthorne replied to me with:
> Not always, we had the people that paid for feast to have
> their feast tokens
> sitting by either their mugs or plate. They were usually big
> enough that they
> would not be knocked off of the table.  (The servers simply
> looked for the
> feast token as they were serving. ) If they forgot them, they
> simply had to
> paid feast fees
> and by whom they were paid. Hey come on we in Minot were
> anal. Most of the
> Groups we played with were either former military or
> currently military.

Thank you. I think this is the best way to do things, if the
cooks and the servers can handle it.

Is this method common through out the Middle Kingdom? This
topic of off-board/on-board seating has come up multiple
times on the SCA-Cooks list. I had gotten the impression
from the comments there that Ansteorra was one of the few
areas where off and on board folks were allowed to sit
intermixed at the same table.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net