[Ansteorra] A thought about why people leave for feast... oth er than the ...

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Tue May 7 17:04:35 PDT 2002

Ian Macleod declared:
> I will never ask anyone to not join us at feast
> simply because they
> would rather have dinty moore beef stew over a french feast.
> At least that
> will never happen at an event that I autocrat.  My friends
> will be welcome at
> my table, whether they bought a feast, or brought a feast.

Well Ian, in most cases I agree with you. I think my
position is stated at the end of all that stuff that was
attached to your comments. I happen to think if it can
be handled by the cooks and the servers, allowing on and
off board to eat together is the best way.

However, for the discussion here, let's say you are the
Event Steward for an event in your area. The event is
expected to draw 300 people but the only hall on the
site has room for only 100 people. The feast is being
cooked for 80. And yes, I know these numbers are a bit
unlikely for an event in your region.

Anyway, how would you handle it.

THL Stefan li Rous