[Ansteorra] A thought about why people leave for feast...

Reihla at aol.com Reihla at aol.com
Fri May 10 14:25:56 PDT 2002

> Domi said:
> One of my favorite memories of the SCA was when I was a
> little girl and we would sit under a great parachute
> pavilion with pillows and carpets scattered everywhere and > next to the pavilion there were a couple of campfires
> going.

Those days weren't so long ago.  Those were some of the best times when I joined, and that's only been about 15 or so years ago.  Wait a minute, how old are you?

I'm the first to admit I love the Haflas and drumming, and the bardic circles.  But some of the best times were just sitting out in the middle of the list field all night long telling stories with a group of people you didn't know.  By the time the sun came up the next morning (and you were all there to see it) you felt like those folks were some of your best friends.

Ah, the good old days...  Have I been around long enough to say that yet?

Wiesenfeuer