[Ansteorra] re: Query...

Lou Burgin AMBERLEA at peoplepc.com
Sat May 11 18:30:28 PDT 2002

Why did I join?

My first introduction was through my brother Iain Mac Crimmon, but I just
thought it was another of the weird things he did. A few months later the
SCA provided costumes and armor for the University's production of Macbeth
and as I sat watching, a Knight in full plate, a Lady in beautiful gown and
a cute little blond headed toddler sat behind me.  The toddler made it hard
to hear, but I was still enchanted.  I went to a fighter practice and the
same Knight dropped to one knee and kissed my hand.  I was hooked.  My first
event was the Kingdom Warlord held at the Renfair site that Ricardo di Pisa
won.  1984.

Why do I stay?

Same as most, they are family and my family now spreads across the country.

BTW if you haven't guessed, the couple and their son were Simmon, Tessa, and
Aaron.  Zane wasn't here yet.   AmberLea.

May the hinges on the doors to friendship never become rusty.