[Ansteorra] Re: Do We Have to Do This?

Theron Bretz tbretz at io.com
Wed May 15 12:41:47 PDT 2002

> To which thread are you referring?  I know that some people only get to
> their mail as they can, so it may be two weeks before they see a message.
> And email, being email, they may want to express their feelings.

Gee, Diarmaid, how many messages popped up today in reply to dead threads
that posted to the list two weeks ago?  Give the people a little credit for
deductive reasoning.

On 99% of the lists I inhabit (somewhere between forty and sixty at last
count), replying to long-dead threads is considered poor etiquette.
Especially when, as in this case, said thread generated no small degree of
bad feelings and name calling.   But, as is typical in this organization,
it's the folks asking for some semblance of reasonable behavior that get
called down.  Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

I forgot that this is the SCA, where expressing feelings is more important
than anything else.

My bad.

Luciano Malatesta