[Ansteorra] Which brings us to...

willow taylor jonwillowpel at juno.com
Wed May 15 14:06:06 PDT 2002

Dear Lady Elysia,

Getting people to come to things is always a problem. It is hard for
people to find the time. When we organized what we are doing is very
important but for the volunteer it is side issue. Often it is necessary
to remind people about the meeting the night before. You need to be
careful. Call them up and make sure they have a ride. A lot of people
don't come to an activity because it is to hard for them to drive
themselves. I often offer to get people for the first meeting. Often
people misplace their information on where the site is or your number.
When you call them and ask if they got directions that sometimes overcome
that problem. Put people together.  We often do  these activities for the
social aspect of the event. When we put people together we make the
activity more entertaining. People in the SCA are sometimes shy when it
comes down to meeting new people. Try to reassure individuals that you
will be there to help them interact. Introducing as many people as
possible before the meeting is good.

These are a few things my mother,Lady Elizabeth of Bramblebush taught me
about working with teams of volunteers.

Willow de Wisp