[Ansteorra] Re: A useful list for our members?

Theron Bretz tbretz at io.com
Wed May 22 20:03:42 PDT 2002

> Both the name "Society for Creative Anachronism" and the
> "SCA-in-laurel-wreath-logo" design ARE registered trademarks of the SCA,
> Inc.  You can go to the Trademark Office website (www.uspto.gov) and find
> out for yourself.  Just because they do not use the circled-R (spelled out
> for those whose systems choke on symbols) does NOT mean they are not
> registered trademark - that is just a warning, not a requirement.

Thanks for the information.  I wasn't sure, and didn't feel like searching
beyond an issue of TI lying under the bookshelf.  FWIW, I wonder if the
myriad merchants who've produced items with SCA trademarked images have done
so without permission.  If they did, it would be tough for the SCA to move
to protect said copyrights should a challenge come up.

Luciano