[Ansteorra] Barrels revisited

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Mon Nov 11 17:01:02 PST 2002

Caladin mentioned:
> If you're interested I'll drop him a line and see if there
> are any web pages on how to do it :-)

Well, there is some info on making these in the Florilegium:
lea-bottles-msg   (38K)  2/ 2/00    Leather bottles and jacks. Making them.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/lea-bottles-msg.html
p-bottles-msg     (20K)  9/12/01    Period beverage bottles and stoppers.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/p-bottles-msg.html
(more on ceramic and glass bottles, I think. But the info on stoppers might be useful.)

Gram-Letter3-art  (10K)  1/15/02    "The Making of a Bottle of Leather, for thy
                                       Pilgrimage" by Lady Shara of Starwood.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/MEDIEVAL-LIFE/Gram-Letter3-art.html
An "in-persona" story on making these bottles.

For a bit more info on working with leather:
leather-msg       (65K) 11/14/01    Working with leather. tanning.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CRAFTS/leather-msg.html

Stefan