[Ansteorra] Veteran's Day

CE Huse/Lady Maria Cabeca de Vaca cehuse at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 13 10:38:29 PST 2002

I understand what you were saying. Thanks! That really helped me.  They are
talking about sending my brother to Afghanastan for a year and that really
scares and worries me. Our heros (in mundane life) are those who protect us
and keep us safe....policemen, firefighters, paramedics and servicemen,
because they do this voluntarily with the knowledge that they are puting
their lives at risk.

I always considered my dad a hero because he volunteered (not drafted) to
serve in Vietnam. He doesn't think he is a hero and that he was just doing
his duty to his country.

Maria