[Ansteorra] Teachers, totally off subject... [MUNDANE SPAM]

Galen W. Bevel galenbv at ix.netcom.com
Thu Nov 14 19:39:56 PST 2002

Once again I agree wholeheartedly.  However, the same can be said to some
extent for every work force in existence.  Some people have a well
motivated and highly trained group who are ready,willing and able to get
the job done.  Some have a group who are one step above trained monkeys
(and some of those are probabvly getting the benefit of the doubt as
regards the monkeys).  Yet, in every single case I know of the boss is
still able to perform a review and make a judgement based on the group
manager's performance.  I think the big problem with schools is that the
kids don't see a bad review (bad grades) as directly afffecting their lives
like someone who's paycheck depends upon it every year.  The method of
determining teacher performance cannot be related only to how students
perform on a standardized test, but I cannot beleive that it is impossible
to judge their performance based on _some_ set of criteria.  I am kind of
torn by this, because I have seen and dealt and been related to some
excellent teachers who have gotten the short end of the stick, but I have
also dealt with some real ....well I shouldn't use those words here.  I
want to significantly reward the many good teachers, but not by passing out
blanket rewards or creating a system that protects the really bad ones.

Galen K.