[Ansteorra] New Question 11/20

iainmacc at juno.com iainmacc at juno.com
Thu Nov 21 20:58:33 PST 2002

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 22:01:10 -0600 (CST) j_smallw at titan.sfasu.edu writes:

> I'm sure every one can think of several instances like that, so

        I think my favorite was at ATYC, when it was announced that a
couple from Northkeep (I think) had had their house burn down while they
were at the event, and suddenly everything they owned in the world was
either in storage or on site with them. By the time the Herald had
finished announcing where donations would be taken, a line had already
formed. I'm not certain, but I think that over $2000 was raised in the
first hour.
        I never found out who they were, and probably wouldn't have
recognized the names had I been told. I think I can safely say that the
same goes for the vast majority of those who gave. Most of us probably
still don't know. It doesn't matter.
        Who they are isn't important, and never was. They are fellow
Ansteorrans, fellow SCAers. They are our family, our loved ones, our
brothers and sisters in arms. What else did we need to know?

                      Iain MacCrimmon

                    Cave Tyranniam Timorium Suorum