[Ansteorra] RE: Event Locations (WAS: Question from a relati ve newcomer )

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Tue Oct 15 14:22:05 PDT 2002

Colin commented:
> I am slowly accumulating a list of "usual" locations in my
> GPS.  I would be happy to share any Latitude/logitude
> locations with anyone that such information would help.
> Also thought that Lord Stefan might like to include this list
> in his "gathering of flowers" (I have never been able to
> pronounce or spell the other name for it!)

The pronounciation of "Florilegium"? Who knows? It's Latin.
Yes, the spelling is often a problem and I realized that it
would be from the start. But "Miscellany" was already being
used. :-)

I figure most people bookmark it and don't type it in each
time.

While the idea of listing the Latitude/Logitude info might
be useful, perhaps it is something that would best be added
to the event directions or perhaps a webpage on a kingdom or
local website. Is there a standard form for this information
that all GPS receivers can use?

Since the Florilegium is an international list, I don't think
that the Florilegium is really the best place for such a list.
Even though once entered this information probably wouldn't
change much. Except perhaps for that Shire? on the aircraft
carrier. :-)

Stefan
stefan at florilegium.org