[Ansteorra] 3 Questions...

lisabetta/kim lisabetta at ansteorra.net
Wed Sep 25 15:21:22 PDT 2002

Annes,
Your answers, to 2 and three
I couldn't agree more

2) Many who play the dream, don't realize the work the service that needs to
be done for
everything to really come together at an event. For those that do, both at
events, and the selfless acts during the week to make our dream we love come
true..

3)We have many Lions in the Kingdom, but Patrick is more, then most could
imagine.
I remember as a young girl with my best friend , taking care of  his kids,
and just being in awe of him, and all that he stood for and how much he
encouraged others to really live the dream.
    Tessa, is another as I look back as an adult, My time spent as a child
in the SCA was so enriched
by Tessa. She honestly encourage the Children of Ansteorra to find their
calling and follow thru with it, even if others try to say your too young,
find that one adult who is willing to take the time to help you learn what
it is you want to learn. Who will not say "oh they are just a child" My
walls are graced with memories of rewards from Tessa, and now my own
daughter is growing up and finding her place, thank you Tessa for you are
one of many why I am still here today.
    although no longer with us Vashti is one who  I will always look back on
and remember with fondness of her love for our dream...
As many before have said there are more then three off the top of my head.
But I will stop here.

As Annes stated if not for the new people who come in and how we all so much
want them to expriance what we have, they are truly who make us Ansteorra...

bett

> What I have always done....service, service and more service....I like
doing
> what needs to be done.  I meet heros and heroines constantly and make
> instant new friends as we all work together to get the whole thing to work
> out right.  Some look on service as being "anal" or being "a glutton for
> punishment" or simply "being unable to say no".  I see service as one of
the
> highest of callings anywhere...inside or outside the SCA.  Without those
> willing to serve, be it gate, feast, herald, page, waterbearing etc. etc.
> etc., the fun never gets beyond the edge of the encampment.
>
> > 3. Who are 3 people in Ansteorra who best personify the attributes of
> Ansteorra?
>
> HL Thorgard inn Svarti-for being so good at being the "quiet giant" of
> personnae.  Just being around him brings everybody a notch higher in
looking
> at their research and personae play.  He has been a real driving force
> behind the Longship Project and a rock (no pun intended) that everyone can
> hold to when something needs to be done.
>
> HRM, Sir Patrick Michael Gordonne-5 times King of Ansteorra.  More than
any
> one person in this Kingdom (who still plays...Innman was King one more
time
> but Innman has left the building), it has been his ideas and decisions
which
> have shaped the destiny of this Kingdom to be the glory that it is.  When
> not on the throne, he continues to play and teach and mold and most
> importantly-remember-and remind us-what we are, what we should be, and
what
> we could be.
>
> The last choice is the hardest...because there are so very many persons
who
> could be here among the "best of the best".....  Sir Emrys Shaunnon,
another
> quiet giant who everytime I see him, awes me with his incredible balance
> between the fierce fighter on the field, the artistic bard at the
campfire,
> and the gentle Lord to his Lady...Mistress Gunnora...researcher
> extrodinaire...the Viking Answer Lady...we all benefit from her depth of
> knowledge and passion for her chosen field...HE, Sir Arenvald Kief av
> Kierstead, Baron Ravens Fort, who can chill me to the bones as he speaks
> before the assembled populace concerning battle and service....Mistress
> Shannahan Stormbreaker, whose memory is long and whose love for this
Kingdom