[Ansteorra] 3 Questions...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Sep 25 15:29:20 PDT 2002

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 (Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com) said something that sounded like:
> > > 1. What are 3 things you like about the SCA in Ansteorra?
> > - The friends
> > - The general acceptance of diversity and desire to learn new things
> > - The fact that our Crowns are allowed to speak instead of
> > reading a book during court
> There are kingdoms where the Crown reads from a book during court?

Yes. When I was in the West Kingdom I went to the Investiture of the new
Prince and Princess of Cynagua. The ceremonies and awards were read
straight out of a big book of state.

> >   As well as trying new styles such as mead done
> > with airborne yeast.
> In *your* kitchen I'm not sure there is much differance between
> the "natural" yeasts in the air and those in the packets from
> the brewing store. :-) Although I guess this might get you ale
> yeast instead of wine or champagne yeasts.

The difficult part is waiting long enough to try the experiment and to
ensure that you don't contaminate it with other airborne nasties.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "What about your Gods?
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   They're Defective!