[Ansteorra] 3 Questions...

Kimberly Koch sarapenrose at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 26 11:59:44 PDT 2002

> 1. What are 3 things you like about the SCA in
> Ansteorra?
- The kingdom's extraordinary generosity in the face
of tragedy. We've had some horrible tragedies - fire,
flood, death - but Ansteorrans always react with open
hearts and acts of great kindness.
- No Curia. Call me a monarchist snob, but I like the
fact that our Crowns can make real, lasting decisions
that affect the kingdom - even when I disagree with
whatever decisions the crown makes.
- The people. The finest people I have ever known have
been in the SCA.

> 2. What are 3 things you have been doing in the past
> 6 months in the SCA that you enjoy?
- Sable Scroll.
- Charter painting.
- Interacting with other scribes.

> 3. Who are 3 people in Ansteorra who best personify
> the attributes of Ansteorra?
- Miguel Sebastian de Oporto, whose strength of
conviction and generous heart never cease to amaze me.
- Lucais du Belier, who embodies all that is good and
right about this kingdom. A kinder soul never existed.
- Kein MacEwan, who simply IS Ansteorra, as far as I'm
concerned. It was a great privilege to be able to
recognize him as the Lion he has always been.

And I'm going to list a few more, since Lorraine said
we could.
- Modius von Mergentheim. Okay, maybe I'm biased, but
I think Modius is a wholly and uniquely Ansteorran
icon. He is the (nearly) perpetual Voice of the Crown,
and in a lot of ways, the voice of the kingdom. I am
never more proud to be Ansteorran than when Modius
heralds opening ceremonies at Gulf War.
- Willow de Wisp. How fortunate we are as a kingdom
that our founding Queen is still active, still serving
her kingdom as surely and lovingly as ever, more than
20 years after Ansteorra's inception.
- Conal O'Riordain, Queen of the Valkyries! - her fire
and passion and fierce loyalty to those she loves are
inspirational, and somehow profoundly Ansteorran.
- Alys Durivau, who taught me half of what I know and
believe about the SCA, including the importance of
service for its own sake.
- Gunthar Jonsson, who taught me the other half,
including the incomparable value of history and
tradition. He isn't in Ansteorra anymore, but he will
forever define my idea of an Ansteorran knight.

Sara