[Ansteorra] cheese question

David Hughes davidjhughes.tx at netzero.net
Fri Sep 27 18:05:54 PDT 2002

Well, the word "thermometer" first appears in 1633, slightly earlier
in the French, used for the mercury thermometer, and Galileo's
thermoscope (totally unsuitable as a cooking thermometer) is very
early 1600's, possibly very late 1500's, but the description by
Benedetto Castelli in 1638, dates it to roughly 1603.
I've not intentionally made cheese at an event, just ruined a lot of
milk <G>

David Gallowglass