[Ansteorra] Event Limits?

Charlene Charette perronnelle at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 19 23:39:52 PDT 2003

PKieferjr at aol.com wrote:

> Take a look at the number of groups overall. Unless I'm in error, that's 41
> total.  Is this an unusually high number for any kingdom?  Did other kingdoms
> run into this "overpopulation" problem?  It reminds me a lot of the fact that
> our planet is home to 6 billion people, and that affects practically
> everything.  This appears to be one of those effects:  A metric buttload of SCA'ers (a
> Good Thing (TM), but a logistical nightmare).  How many kingdoms are there now?
>  I think I've lost track, but you get the idea.  The Kingdom itself may have
> grown too big to be handled in a official monarchial capacity as one undivided
> unit.

There are currently 17 kingdoms.  According to each kingdom's web page
(which may not be up-to-date, but should be close enough for your
question), they have the following groups.

As for number of events, the standard seems to be 1-3 events per
weekend; An Tir has the most, with 7 events scheduled for this coming
weekend.

An Tir
Principality of Avacal
	3 baronies, 4 cantons, 6 shires
Principality of the Summits
	2 baronies, 1 canton, 8 shires
Principality of Tir Righ
	2 baronies, 16 shires, 1 port, 1 college
Central An Tir (not in a principality)
	8 baronies, 4 cantons, 12 shires, 4 colleges

Ansteorra
Central Region
	2 baronies, 4 cantons, 2 shires, 1 college
Coastal Region
	3 baronies, 2 cantons, 4 shires, 1 college
Northern Region
	4 baronies, 2 cantons, 3 shires
Southern Region
	3 baronies, 1 canton, 5 shires
Western Region
	1 barony, 5 shires

Artemisia
4 baronies, 14 shires, 1 college

Atenveldt
6 baronies, 8 shires, 1 march, 3 colleges

Atlantia
16 baronies, 20 cantons, 10 shires, 2 colleges, 1 stronghold

AEthelmearc
Region 1
	1 barony, 3 shires
Region 2
	1 barony, 1 canton, 4 shires, 1 college
Region 3
	2 baronies, 1 canton, 2 shires
Region 4
	2 baronies, 2 cantons, 2 shires
Region 5
	1 barony, 3 shires, 1 dominion, 1 stronghold

Caid
11 baronies, 13 cantons, 6 shires, 7 colleges, 1 pagus

Calontir
6 baronies, 4 cantons, 20 shires, 3 colleges, 1 stronghold

Drachenwald
web site didn't respond

Ealdomere
5 baronies, 14 cantons, 5 shires, 1 college, 1 stronghold

East
Northern Shores Region
	2 baronies, 8 cantons, 4 shires, 1 port
Northern Region
	1 barony, 8 shires, 1 province
Central Region
	6 baronies, 10 cantons, 6 shires
Southern Region
	4 baronies, 9 cantons, 11 shires, 1 crown province, 1 bailiwick

Lochac
10 baronies, 8 cantons, 8 shires, 9 colleges

Middle
(As an aside, the Middle's Seneschal has *20* deputies!)
Region of Constellation
	3 baronies, 11 shires
Region of Midlands
	4 baronies, 10 shires, 1 college, 1 province
Principality of Northshield (has 3 regions)
	5 baronies, 2 cantons, 22 shires, 3 colleges
Region of Oaken
	6 baronies, 10 cantons, 14 shires, 3 colleges
Region of Pentamere
	4 baronies, 9 cantons, 9 shires, 1 riding

Meridies
9 baronies, 2 cantons, 49 shires, 1 college

Outlands
4 baronies, 2 cantons, 16 shires, 7 colleges

Trimaris
3 baronies, 2 cantons, 18 shires, 1 college, 1 stronghold

West
Principality of the Mists
	2 baronies, 4 cantons, 7 shires, 2 collges, 1 province
Principality of Cynagua
	2 baronies, 14 shires, 1 college, 1 province
Principality of Oertha
	3 baronies, 1 canton, 1 college
The Marches (not in a principality)
	2 baronies, 2 palatine baronies, 2 cantons, 2 shires, 1 college, 3
strongholds, 1 vale

--Perronnelle

--
Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.  -- Steven Wright