Ditto Re: [Ansteorra] Event Limits?

Bob Dewart gilli at hot.rr.com
Wed Aug 20 20:25:15 PDT 2003

You said, "more Peers I know have dropped out because they don't have fun at
events anymore because there's always something that comes up that they end
up taking care of...either Peer stuff, crisis management, or something
else...".

Those crisis management or something else's might have just as easily been
taken care of by someone else, IF given the chance, opportunity or perhaps a
bit of guidance.   But as we have talked before, some folks just keep
jumping into the fire till they get a grumpy golden brown.  I guarantee you
that one of two things would have happened had that peer not been there: 1)
someone else would have taken care of it, or 2) folks would have just lived
with it.

Teaching is what we do, or at least I thought so.  That should also include
letting folks do what they have been tought or let them do on the job
training.

So, it was a self infected wound.  By their continuing to jump in the fire,
the deprived some one of the opportunity to feel the heat some to get use to
it.  Folks get use to haveing someone take care of things to the point the
one doing the taking care of walks off. That's a terrible loss, but it
dosen't seem to bring things to a hault nor change the nature of the beast.

To add to this sad fact of life, it's not just peers this sort of thing
happens to either.

Did that help?

Gilli

Shoot more arrows.  You're bound to hit something.