[Ansteorra] Re: Ansteorra Digest, Vol 3, Issue 43

Elizabeth Crouchet ecrouchet at austin.rr.com
Wed Aug 27 12:16:29 PDT 2003

On 27 Aug 2003 at 11:24, inez stock wrote:

> I do not understand why the kingdom needs to be spilt. I am coming in
> late on this. could somone please tell me why they would spilt up such
> a good thing if it is not broken do not fixs it.  In service to the
> kingdom Lady Mary Bradford.

I do not believe any one is actually advocating splitting the kingdom, although creating a
principality or two has been discussed in the past. I think right now it is just a
hypothetical exercise in response to crowded calendar issues. And, we seem to be
agreed that actually splitting the kingdom right now would not necessarily solve THAT
problem.
However, it poses fascinating what-if exploration of cultural or anthropological issues.
And it seems to be  spurring a little patriotism, which is never a bad thing if we don't get
carried away with it.

Just my observations,

Claire