[Ansteorra] groups banding together for events

Michael Tucker mtucker at airmail.net
Thu Aug 21 23:06:49 PDT 2003

On Thursday, August 21, 2003, at 06:40  PM, Beth Turner wrote:

> I have been told that it is not acceptable for two or three cantons or
> shires to do an event together.  Or, if we did, it would not count as
> a required event.  Was I misinformed?  To me that sounds like the
> perfect solution to a multitude of problems facing a small group.
>
> Nell

Au contraire, Madame! :-)

It is entirely acceptable for two or three groups of any sort -
cantons, shires, baronies, mix-and-match - to do an event together. If
several cantons banded together to host an event, it would most likely
count as their "required" event.

I deliberately put "required" in quotes because, strictly speaking,
they aren't *required* to host an event each year. Per Kingdom Law,
they are merely required to demonstrate "regular activity". This is
usually accomplished by hosting events, but it isn't required that you
host an event every year, or that you do it solo. Talk to the kingdom
seneschal if you aren't sure.

Yours,
Michael Silverhands
(former territorial Baron; former regional Seneschal; author of the
June, 2000 edition of the Seneschal's Handbook; currently not holding
any office whatsoever *smile*)