[Ansteorra] Deserving Children

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 11 11:20:29 PST 2003

Thorwaldha at aol.com said:
<<You see them peddling water on the list field, serving feasts and helping
out any way they can. They're our Sons and our Daughters, they're the
children of Ansteorra. Please don't forget to recognize the contributions of
our youth. To find ways to recognize a deserving child contact your local or
regional MoC .
YIS, Thorwald the Bald CRA, Northern Regional MoC

Simple ways to recognize the kids:
* Call them into court, tell what they have done and give them largess,
* Give largess/wordfame on the spot, during the day when service is done.
* Recognized them at the local populace meeting the same way,
* Acclaim them in print in your local newsletter.
* Have a local competition at your event, to declare a 'Children's Champion'
(local MOC and activity teachers select - they hold title for a year).
* The kingdom also has a 'children's level award, called the 'Rising Star of
Ansteorra', so consider sending in a recommendation.
* Many branches have non-armigerous awards, Stargate has the 'Rook of
Stargate' for children, and at Yule instituted the 'Keepers of the Gate of
Stargate' for youths.

Just a few ideas.  Others??
Hillary/Stargate