[Ansteorra] Deserving Children

Coastal Regional Scribe coastal_scribe at ansteorra.org
Tue Feb 11 12:10:42 PST 2003

Actually the name of the new award for youths ( children 12-17) Is 'The
Gaurdian of the Gate of Stargate'

now words from someone who grew up in the society. Children are not award
hungry like many adults. Yet they are reconigtion, and attendtion hungry. They
want to know what they do is apperciated. I will always cherish my AOA from
bear and Katherine... but the srolls of way to go's, and thanks yous I have
from Tessa, and Pippa, Arrowyn, and various others I will always hold more
tightly . Those are what kept me in the SCA.

Like Hillary said, pull into court given them largess, or at populace..
Let the children know they are special. Teach them our dream..

Many of my friends growning up have left the sca, well in all honesty all of
them have, and i think part of it has to do with the adults not showing the
apperciation they have for all that the children do.

I will get off my soap box before I go on..
feel free to contact me off list if you want suggestions..

Lisabetta