[Ansteorra] Important Message from Trimaris

Colete d'Evreux medievalbelle at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 14:05:55 PST 2003

Greetings from Trimaris Unto My Beloved Ansteorran Friends,

   The following missive was writen by a dear friend of mine in
Trimaris, Lord Oengus Heinemann of House Wyndryder. His wish is for
the Ansteorrans to also be able to partake in his fund-raising at
Gulf Wars in his late wife's name... Countess Astrith, queen of King
Bytor II. Instead of editing his message to list only what might
pertain to Ansteorrans, I left the message in whole. Lord Oengus can
be reached at cgeinima at tampabay.rr.com if you have any questions.

Pour Dieu, Roi, et Pays...

Lady Colete d'Evreux (FKA "Vanora")
Darkwater, Trimaris

Good Gentles one and all does Lord Oengus Heinemann greet.

The reason of this letter is two fold and will be as brief as
possible.

Issue number one. A little over 6 months ago, my wife, The Countess
Astrith passed on from difficulties of Cancer. A mere 3 weeks ago
another friend fell from the same evil disease. A few months ago I
stopped into the American Cancer Society to find out what I can do to
help. They told me of the Relay for life. This event is their biggest
fund raiser of the year. I am helping along with a very large list
here in the Tampa Bay area (and Oldenfeld, and Sea March, and
Darkwater, and Bentonshire ... get the point?). The ACS is the NUMBER
ONE contributor of money to cancer research and has funded over 20
Nobel Peace prize scientists in the research of eradication of
cancer.

I am not going to be asking for handouts. What I will be asking for
is for you to remember not only those around you who have fallen
(Relatives, friends), but to help out those who are stricken now with
this deadly killer. This brings me to Issue #2.

At Crown Lyst, I will have a Viking dress that belongs to Countess
Astrith, complete with jewelry to give away in a chance drawing. The
dress will be on display at my father's merchant booth and tickets
can be purchased from him for $1.00 each or 7 for $5.00. There will
be a drawing either at the beginning of feast or after on the porch
of the feast hall.

100% of the donated funds will be given to the American Cancer
Society as a fund raiser that our team is doing in the relay.

Also, at Gulf Wars, there will be an Elizabethan dress, also owned by
Countess Astrith. Those tickets will be $5.00 each. I also challenge
EVERY FIGHTER AT GULF WARS TO FIGHT ME FOR A DONATION OF $1.00 EACH
FIGHT. Yes you can fight as much as you wish (for $1.00 each fight).
Don't worry about lines, for I have many seconds who will step up to
fight. You don't fight heavy you say? I have a second in the light
weapons area (a couple actually). You do Combat Archery? I'll let you
shoot at me (from 10 paces). You don't fight at all? Good, get your
champion, or anyone and let them fight me. You don't want to fight me
at all? That's ok too, we will accept your donation at any time.

There will also be a board at both the event and the War with the
name of those who have fallen to remember them on one half, and the
other half for those fighting to honor them.

This is not for us, this is for those who we love.

More to come later.... I am almost late for work.

Lord Oengus Heinemann
Championing the cause of the American Cancer Society

=====

~Carpe Jugular~