[Ansteorra] Question: Favorite Memories of Gulf Wars

DonnelShaw at aol.com DonnelShaw at aol.com
Wed Feb 26 15:42:58 PST 2003

In a message dated 2/26/2003 5:37:56 PM Central Standard Time,
moondrgn at austin.rr.com writes:

> If you're thinking about Gulf War I it *was* warmer. That one was held in
> June, instead of March.
>
> My least-favorite memory of Gulf War was the Woods Battle that Wasn't--my
> group marched into the woods, killed about five Trimarians, and continued
> marching... we were halfway to Alabama before we realized that something
> was wrong. Then we turned around and tried to find our way out through the
> heat and humidity. I can recall sitting in camp afterwards, and hearing
> heralds coming through asking everyone to check on their camp mates, to
> make sure that nobody had been left in the woods. It was that bad.
>
>   -Tivar Moondragon

Yes I do remember it was very bad on the fighters. We were carrying everyone
out of the woods battles that day.
Cold is harder for me to handle than heat. But then I am not in armor.
and I have the electric blanket on during May at home.
Donnel